Further Vexation: To insanity...
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is
because giants were standing on my shoulders"
- Recursive dependencies due to automake
- gcc > 18.104.22.168 needs patches made to 2.0.x kernels
- uClibc does not (officially) support 2.0.x kernels underneath
- gcc 2.95.3 expects glibc, or needs patches
- busybox 1.1.3 'install' phase needs cpp >= 3.x
- Non-i386 platforms often need specific binutils/gcc or patches
- coreutils<=5.93 for gcc 2.95.3
- gcc 2.95.3 misconfigures a "cross native" compiler :(
- GNU 'make' has variety of behaviours wrt continuation lines